RowSafe provides safety advice to rowers, clubs, events and anyone else who takes part in rowing.
The purpose of RowSafe is to help people participate in rowing without putting themselves and others at unacceptable risk. It makes clear that everyone is expected to take care of their own safety and the safety of others.
CLUB WATER SAFETY ADVISOR:
It is no longer just the responsibility of the coach or CWSA to file a report. Anyone who is involved with or witnesses an incident can make a report and it can be done anonymously if required. British Rowing expects any such report to be filed within 24 hours of the incident occurring.
So what constitutes an ‘incident’? The answer, according to British Rowing, is anything; The guide quotes; collisions (with anything), near collisions (with anything), capsizes, swampings, health issues, equipment failure, land based accidents in weights room, bays, running, and cycling.
To report an incident please see below:
- Online through the British Rowing website
- Through the Safety Officer at the club – Richard Willan
CLUB WELFARE OFFICER:
Louise Townrow 07917 863917
Nottingham Rowing Club is committed to:
- Making the welfare of young people paramount – this means that the protection of children at risk may override the rights and needs of those adults working with them.
- Enabling everyone, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity to participate in rowing in a fun and safe environment.
- Taking all reasonable steps to protect young people from harm, discrimination and degrading treatment and to respect their rights, wishes and feelings.
Taking seriously all suspicions and allegations of poor practice or abuse and responding swiftly and appropriately to them in accordance with current procedures.
- Ensuring that all employees/volunteers who work with young people are suitable for that responsibility and provided with relevant training and accept responsibility for the welfare of the children in their care in accordance with British Rowing’s policies and procedures.